“And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many”. Matthew 24:10-11 (KJV)
This is about you.
All we need is the truth. All we will ever and always need is the truth. The way of freedom is the truth. If you want to be free, know and live by the truth. If you want your generation to be free, keep telling them the truth. The truth is more powerful than the bullet; because while the bullet may destroy a life, the truth can save a generation (John 8:32). Anyone lying to you in the name of making you feel good is wicked and he/she is partnering with the devil to destroy your future (John 8:44.) Do you want to be completely free at all? Go for the truth and nothing less!
If God is not a man then man cannot be God – Numbers 23:19. The reason why a church will be sick is either the minister over it is false or the members are rebellious.
Now to the 7 common symptoms of a ‘junky’ minister and his sick followers:
1. The Money Mandate Ministry (MMM):
“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not” – (2 Peter 2:1-3 KJV). The love for money has the potency to hinder the flow of the real gospel of Christ – (see 1 Corinthians 9:12).
The word of God has said it all. I have nothing more to say on this.
- Diabolically Inclined Operation: The miraculous does not have to be diabolical or magical in nature for it to be real and effective. Every miracle is rooted in the word of God and there is no miracle outside the word of God (Psalm 107:20). Sometimes you find it difficult to decipher between a witch doctor/an herbalist (baba-alowo) and a prophet because they have turned ‘pro-balist (woli-alawo)’. Well, at least they have a mentor in Simon the sorcerer (Acts 8:9-25). Tragic and barbaric, isn’t it? This form of vague modus operandi always encourages false miracles and fictitious testimonies.
- Wrong Use of Scriptures: “Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God” (2 Cor. 2:17, NIV). There are those sent by God and there are those sent by mammon; the way to know them is in their use of the word. The scripture defines the picture of the future of a believer. When a child/man of God is twisting the scripture he is twisting his future. When you major in twisting the life out of the scripture, you are only twisting the life out of your future. How do you treat the scripture then? Just do what it says without helping it to say something else that is not there – “His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, doit.” (John 2:5).
- Undue Emphasis on Curses: This is repugnant in it entire sense. You can’t afford to put the people’s misery above the Master’s mystery (Mark 4:11). All you hear today is generational, regional and all sorts of curses. But why not let’s dwell on the blessing (Genesis 1:28) the evidence of our divine inheritance (Acts 20:32) in Christ. I believe in the blessing and nothing less. Are curses real? Yes sir! But the emphasis is deafening. Point the people to Christ and their crisis will crash. Get them rooted in the word and the works of darkness shall be uprooted. If you cast out all the devils (curses) in this world and live the world empty (without the word), then prepare for something worse – Matthew 12:45, Luke 11:26. But when you plant the right seed even if the weeds appear, a great harvest is still sure; because the word will outlive the enemy (Exodus 14:13-14, Matthew 13:24-30, Mark 13:31). The church is fond of putting the cart before the horse and in the long run everything will capsize. You can make a difference by believing, saying and doing the right thing from today. Free yourself from the clutches of the ‘curse-doctrine’ and settle for the blessing-mandate.
Declare with me – I am blessed!
- Self Righteousness: We are the ones doing the right thing is their popular slogan. I am doing better than some of you who call yourselves ‘born-again’ once asserted an unbeliever. Shame! But can one blame them, is it not because the church is sick and some of the physicians are false? Something has to change – we have to believe right, celebrate God and not self or denomination. Come to think of it, denominationalism has done more harm to the body of Christ than good except for those who have been able to break away from its hold. As a pastor I and my family have sown into churches we don’t literally attend, paid rents for churches I don’t pastor and even more – that’s the idea. God first and nothing after!
- Weak Members: These days when you measure the depth of most church members they are as empty as the shell of a snail. No power, no love and no soundness. In a nutshell, there is no balanced word, no real change and no trustworthy life! All they know is praying against curses, how to say a few selfish prayers or at their best clamoring for prosperity. The Bible calls them wells without water (2 Peter 2:17). They are weak members with maligned view of the word of God and a riotous and tumultuous lifestyle with ravaging influence. Little wonder why the world has crept into the church and the church is losing relevance in the world. We trust God for better days ahead (John 2:10).
- Counterfeits: They are neither here or there – anything and everything goes. They are in the night club today and tomorrow in the night vigil all they need is a connection that can guarantee their collection and protection not their salvation or stability in/of faith. They connect to collect only. And once they get what they want the church can close and reopen when next they have a dreadful need in their lives – that’s why they move from mountains to mountains as if their God lives on the mountain and from prayer meetings to prayer meetings without a life changing encounter with God. Just as you have counterfeit currencies there are counterfeit Christians (mere miracle seekers). How do men treat counterfeits? They reject them – so also God.
Three Actions You Must Take To Retrace Your Steps:
- Repent Quickly: If you want to spend your eternity with Christ irrespective of who you are you will have to repent of your wrong borne out of your greed for earthly riches and lust for fame. Acts 17:30-31
- Realign Immediately: Let go of the ‘curse-doctrine’ and lay hold of the blessing. Remind yourself and your followers of the finished work of Christ (John 19:30) and emphasize on the blessing (Gen. 1:28, 12:2, 22:17, Ex. 23:25, Num. 6:22-27, Ps. 1:1-3, 45:2, Prov. 10:22, Eph. 1:3).
- Reconstruct Speedily: It is time to reconstruct your life/ministry without delay and focus more and absolutely on what matters without necessarily losing sight of that which is ephemeral (1 Cor. 9:24-27, Matthew 6:33, Luke 11:42).