To be strong is to allow God to act on your behalf (to Let Go and Let GOD) – 2 Chron. 16:9. For by strength shall no man prevail – 1 Sam. 2:9.
Background to this message:
1. There are times when it seems you have come to the end of yourselve – Jesus, Matt. 27:38-39
2. …when nothing seems to work – 1Kgs 18:43
3. …when it appears you have lost everything – David, 1Sam. 30:1-4
4. …when you are left alone – Joseph in a strange land. Gen. 37:23-24, 39:1, 20
5. …when you perceive the danger of being weak (not being strong): you give up, you breakdown & go down! Lk. 9:62
In all this, the word of God says – BE STRONG! Why?
> You need it: being strong is what you need and you have it only in the Lord. Deut. 6:24
> You are in a battle field – at least the fight of your faith. 1Tim. 6:12
> You are in a spiritual world – Eph. 6:12
> You are not a lone in this fight; someone else needs you – the body of Christ. You are useful to God. 2Cor. 1:4, 1Thess. 5:11
What you need to be strong – Eph. 6 vv.13-18:
1. You need God. Get GOD involved. It requires a genuine (well rooted) relationship with the Lord. It starts with your salvation. How God makes his people strong – 2Chron. 16:9.
a. His unending commitment to their increase – Ps. 105:24. today the Lord would increase you.
b. He is actively involved in their troubles – Ps. 46:1.
c. He has a permanent interest in their well-being – Ex. 23:25, 3Jn.2. It is God that has kept you strong and healthy.
d. By answering their prayers – 2Chron. 7:14, Jer. 33:3, Matt. 7:7. He is always there to grant your request even every thoughts of your heart are not hidden from him.
2. Kingdom life – righteousness. Matt. 6:33
3. Ability to witness – it is your duty to tell others about Him.
4. Impregnable faith: faith is what helps you to build relationship with God and you need it to please God.
5. The word made sword: when the word of God in your heart becomes a sword in your hand.
6. A committed life of prayer.
Benefits of being strong:
1. Battle ready – Ps. 144:1
2. Grace to stand – 2Cor. 12:9
3. Anointing to dislodge the enemy(ies) -Is. 10:27
Pastor Peter …enriching lives!